Chester & District Housing Trust (CDHT), part of Sanctuary Group, are pleased to announce that work is underway on The Parade redevelopment. This £19.5million project aims to regenerate Blacon, by improving health, welfare, living standards, education and employment opportunities for local residents, and by improving business prospects for local traders. All partners involved are proud to be bringing The Parade vision to life.
The redevelopment of The Parade will provide:
- 62 new homes – 36 x 1 and 2 bed apartments for over 55’s, 10 x 2 and 3 bed family homes and 8 x 1 bed apartments
- Community and Enterprise Centre to include a new library on the ground floor – this will be owned and managed by Avenue Services and will focus on assisting new local businesses, providing start up units and business support
- 375m2 of retail space
- Health Facility – to be provided by NHS
- Improvements to the shop fronts along the East Parade
- Re-modelling to the entrances to Tomlins Terrace
- New and improved public realm area and a new play area
- New access road and driveways for Burton Road residents
A long awaited regeneration scheme at Blacon, Chester has commenced with Rowlinson contracted to provide 62 affordable homes for rent combined with improvements to existing retail units, a new community building, and extensive highway and estate remodelling.
The dwellings comprise 36 apartments especially for the over 55s, 8 one bedroom apartments, and a mix of 18 two and three bedroom houses.
Rowlinson’s client is the Chester & District Housing Trust, part of the Sanctuary Group, and the scheme will complete in 2015.