Biodiversity Net Gain (BNG) regulations are now in place, affecting all new planning applications of 10+ units. What are the key challenges and how can Meadfleet help housebuilders meet them?
Key Challenges for the industry:
- Compulsory 10% biodiversity enhancement from pre-development scores
- Delivery of enhancements onsite, offsite or through BNG credit purchase
- 30-year management requirements
- Additional red tape and potential planning delays
- Educating customers in the benefits of biodiverse habitats on open spaces
How Meadfleet can help:
- A lifetime adoption model taking legal responsibility for POS & BNG management with onsite and offsite solutions
- Experienced in-house ecologists trained in BNG calculation and delivery
- Ongoing advice and support throughout the planning process
- Multi-award-winning team experienced in adaptive habitat management
- Customer and community engagement to positively promote biodiversity
- Annual customer contribution and commuted sum options
Meadfleet are already delivering the principles of Biodiversity Net Gain across our portfolio and can provide the long-term management solution to deliver the 30-year covenant.
Contact Meadfleet to find out more – enquiries(Replace this parenthesis with the @ sign)meadfleet.co.uk / www.meadfleet.co.uk