Grand Designs Live, proudly sponsored by Anglian Home Improvements, is gearing up for its biggest and most inspirational show yet! Whether starting out on your first renovation, building a new home, redecorating a room, looking for build ideas to reduce the impact on the environment or simply looking for inspiration, here are the top ten reasons why you need to book your ticket!
- Meet Kevin McCloud: Based on the Channel 4 TV series, the event will be presented by design guru Kevin McCloud who will be on hand to offer top expert advice as he leads educational seminars and dynamic debates. While on the 13th May visitors can go behind the scenes of Grand Designs and The World’s Most Extraordinary Homes, with Kevin McCloud and Piers Taylor in their talk ‘Behind the Scenes with Kevin and Piers’ as they discuss how their fascinating shows are created.
- Invaluable Inspiration: Be inspired by over 500 brands, across five different sections covering Build, Kitchens, Bathrooms, Gardens and Interiors, plus a Technology Trail. Discover RIBA architects, building suppliers, kitchen and bathroom designers as well as quirky bespoke designs and original pieces of artwork plus much more
- Meet the Grand Designers in The Grand Theatre, Sponsored by Airflow: Kevin McCloud will be joined by some of the most memorable Grand Designers from the latest series of Grand Designs. Providing real-life stories through dynamic Q&A sessions, expect to hear about everything from architecture, to building, and beyond.
- Expert advice: The popular Ask An Expert service, will offer free 30-minute consultations with specialists across a range of home-improvement areas, from finance to self-build and everything in-between.
- Kevin’s Green Heroes Live: Five of Kevin’s previous Heroes will return to the show with live demonstrations of their products, giving you the chance to see the very best eco-innovations come to life. This will include Coffee Logs by Bio-Bean, The Bamboo Bicycle Club, Lucentia Design, Goldfinch Furniture and Claire Potter
- Architectural Salvage, partnered with Salvo Web: New to the show, you will be able to browse high-end, one off, unique pieces of architectural salvage for your home projects. The new feature dedicates itself to the celebration of architectural salvage, reflecting the world of design and Grand Designs Live’s passion for recycling quality materials in varying, innovative, resourceful and unique ways.
- Winner of the Interior Room Sets, sponsored by AXA: The theme ‘Designed By You’ will be brought to life by pioneering interior designers in this inspirational installation. On Thursday 10th May, the winner will be revealed so don’t forget to come along and vote for the interior that inspires you the most.
- The Lavatory Project: Discover brilliant bathroom decoration for the smallest spaces. This new feature will include mock-ups from six interior designers who will let their imaginations run wild to create unique and striking rooms. The feature even includes a Royal Wedding themed toilet!
- The Smart Kitchen: New for 2018, The Smart Kitchen will showcase the latest innovations in the world of kitchens with never seen before products including the latest talk smart faucet which switches on and off using voice command, a simple sous-vide machine with an in-app assistant chef and a fork that encourages mindful eating. Not only will the products be state of the art but the kitchen furniture will also showcase the latest materials and innovative designs. Join us for demonstrations of the products each hour.
- Design and Build Forum: New to Grand Designs Live, the Design and Build Forum will host an array of industry experts ready to advise you on various aspects of your home project. Each day of the forum is themed, providing dedicated advice for every aspect of your renovation including Self Build, Getting your house ready to sell, Interiors, Kitchens, DIY and Upcycle.
This May’s edition of Grand Designs Live is set to be one of the most exciting, engaging and informative to date.
For more information visit www.granddesignslive.com