The Garden House, a home-cum-studio in Hackney with an innovative roof garden, and Modern Mews, a remodelling of the traditional mews house are the latest spectacular homes on the shortlist for the 2016 RIBA House of the Year award, sponsored by Hiscox Home Insurance. The award is run by the Royal Institute of British Architects (RIBA).
All the projects in the running for the UK’s most prestigious award for a new house are being revealed in a special four part TV series for Channel 4, Grand Designs: House of the Year. During the course of the series (which began on Thursday 24 November 2016 at 9pm), the seven homes shortlisted for the 2016 RIBA House of the Year award will be announced; the winner will be revealed on screen on Thursday 15 December.
The latest two projects shortlisted for the 2016 RIBA House of the Year are:
- Garden House in Hackney, east London by Hayhurst and Co
- Modern Mews in central London by Coffey Architects
They join the following four houses on the RIBA House of the Year shortlist, with another one yet to be announced:
- Ansty Plum, Wiltshire by Coppin Dockray
- Covert House, Clapham, south London by DSDHA
- Murphy House, New Town, Edinburgh by Richard Murphy Architects
- Outhouse, Forest of Dean by Loyn & Co Architects
The RIBA House of the Year is sponsored by Hiscox Home Insurance and Paint and Paper Library.