The organisers of the third Eco Technology Show, which takes place at the Brighton Centre 26-27 June, have unveiled a powerful speaker line up that goes beyond wishful thinking and offers practical information on how to install and use energy saving technology; ideal for those in construction, heating and ventilation, building and architecture.
An extensive conference programme of over 60 seminars kicks off with a keynote speech from Greg Barker MP, Minister of State for Energy and Climate Change who will reaffirm the government’s commitment to reaping the economic benefits of shifting to a lower carbon economy; a subject at the heart of the Show’s agenda.
The completely free seminar programme sessions will cover legislation, funding and incentives and the major discussion points on energy management, build, water and waste, transport, technology & resource efficiency.
A major endorsement of the quality for the exhibitors and speakers comes from representatives of the UK’s Sustainable Cities Network, who have chosen the Eco Technology Show for their summer meeting.
Key highlights of the conference programme for construction, heating and ventilation, building and architecture professionals include:
- A review of the Government’s ‘Green Deal’ scheme by the Energy Saving Trust will help contractors get the most out of this unique incentive.
- Eco celebrity Oliver Heath will present the benefits of eco refurbishment and energy assessment.
- An update on the Government consultation to achieve zero carbon building standards by Martin Russell-Croucher, Director of Sustainability and Special Projects, Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS).
- Cut through Government red tape for new build and refurbishment projects with the South East Centre for the Built Environment (SECBE).
- A big debate on future technologies and material innovations in the building industry chaired by Julie Hill, Circular Economy Task Force, Green Alliance.
- Understand how to reap the monetary benefits of energy efficiency for new builds and retrofits from Sean Twohig, Group Environmental, H&S, Risk Manager, Jury’s Inn.
- A presentation on hybrid heating systems and how they can slash customers’ running costs by 20% by Keith Rule, Sales Director at Fond Nova UK.
- Tom Lipinski, Technical Director at Ventive, shares his firm’s vision of the future of ventilation.
Nicola Gunstone, commercial manager at The Eco Technology Show explains:
“From future cities to best practice in PV installation, we’ve designed our seminars to give visitors the most relevant, high-quality up to the minute information possible to enable them to make positive changes throughout their own organisation.
“We’ve listened to the people in public and private sectors who are going to drive change in our economy, and kept the focus on the issues that matter to them, and on the quality, not quantity, of speaker sessions.
“We are confident that we’ve got the right progamme for building developers, architects and construction professionals, who will find that a visit to the Eco Technology Show to be a profitable investment of their time.”
To view the full conference programme please visit www.ecotechnologyshow.co.uk/talks.
The Eco Technology Show will be open from 9.30am-5pm on Thursday 26 June and 9.30am-4.30pm on Friday 27 June. Registration is free. Further information can be found on the website www.ecotechnologyshow.co.uk.