Sixteen companies from across the furniture supply chain, including the kitchen, bedroom, office and hospitality sectors, have joined the industry’s largest association.
Since January, the Furniture Industry Research Association has welcomed fourteen Full Members, one International and one Associate Member. New members include Buoyant Upholstery, Modus Furniture, Accommodation Furniture Solutions, JPA Furniture and trade organisation, the Office Furniture Advisory Service (OFAS).
Established sixty five years ago, the Association is a unique, not-for-profit membership-based organisation, run by the furniture industry for the furniture industry. It is the only organisation that provides support for all sectors and for the entire supply chain.
Phil Reynolds, Association Director and Chief Operating Officer for FIRA International, said:
“We are delighted to welcome so many new members to the Association. We have found that companies are actively seeking out the type of support and expertise that we offer. Amongst a range of benefits, this could be the opportunity to take part in the forums we organise to encourage networking and discuss solutions to issues affecting the industry. Members also have free access to market intelligence to help shape their business objectives and drive sales.
“As the largest association for the industry we have a lot to offer businesses of all sizes, from small independents to large corporate retailers and manufacturers. Contact our membership team to find out more about how we can support your business.”
- John Pulsford Associates Ltd (JPA Furniture) – Suppliers of contract furniture for both public and private sector projects, based in London.
- Hotcakes Rock Ltd – Designer and manufacturer of bespoke furniture solutions for the office or work space.
- Your China Ltd – Mattress manufacturer based in Bedfordshire.
- Accommodation Furniture Solutions Limited – Based in South Wales, they design, manufacture and install a range of beds and furniture for students, hostels, social housing and care homes.
- Buoyant Upholstery Limited joined – UK sofa manufacturer based in Lancashire.
- Modus Furniture Limited – Manufacturer and supplier for commercial, hospitality and residential furniture for projects globally.
- Leekes Limited – Based in Glamorgan, they are an independent retailer with six stores and three studios.
- J D Williams – A direct home shopping company.
- J R W Kitchens and Bedrooms Limited – A kitchen and bedroom specialist based in West Lothian.
- Strictly Beds and Bunks Limited – A bed manufacturer based in Bedfordshire.
- Design 2 Fit – A kitchen and bedroom furniture manufacturer based in Manchester.
- Grass Movement Systems – Suppliers of slide and drawer systems, hinge, flap and corner cabinet systems, based in Worcestershire. Visit their website at
- Dandi Space Limited – A London-based, architecture, design and development management company.
- Demhayal UK Limited (t/a Bellona London UK) – Furniture retailer based in Enfield.
- Bardi S.P.A – Leather upholstery manufacturer based in Italy.
- Office Furniture Advisory Service (OFAS) – Provides independent and impartial advice on all aspects of the office and the contract furniture industry.
Depending on the type of membership, the benefits of being a member of the Furniture Industry Research Association include: market intelligence reports, opportunities to influence standards and a forum to have your voice heard at government level. Members have access to technical and innovation reports, a technical support helpline and marketing publications. They also qualify for discounts and voucher credits to spend on FIRA International’s commercial services, such as testing and training, and the promotion of products via the Association website.
Subscriptions for UK manufacturers are based on turnover of furniture sales in the previous year. Furniture suppliers, traders and retailers pay a flat rate for their subscription.