The Royal Institute of British Architects (RIBA) is calling for entries from students, academics and practitioners to the 2017 RIBA President’s Awards for Research.
The awards celebrate the best research in architecture and the built environment and are presented annually in three categories, with an additional special category which for 2017 is ‘housing’.The four categories are:
- Cities and Communities
- Design and Technical
- History and Theory
The deadline for entry is 31 May 2017 at midnight (GMT).
One winner will be selected per category; the best overall winner will be presented with the prestigious RIBA President’s Medal for Research in a special ceremony at the RIBA in December.
RIBA Head of Research and Innovation Dr Kat Martindale said:
“The President’s Awards for Research brings together the best research from across the built environment sector, and last year we saw greater collaboration between students, academics and practitioners in the process. This year, in addition to the constant categories we’re delighted to welcome responses from innovative researchers to this year’s annual theme: housing.”
The 2017 judges are:
- Chair: Peter Clegg, Feilden Clegg Bradley Studios
- Zohra Chiheb, Levitt Bernstein
- Dr Elizabeth Darling, Oxford Brookes University
- Hattie Hartman, Architects Journal
- Dr Matthew Jones, University of West England and Coombs Jones Architects
- Dr Kerstin Sailer, Bartlett School of Architecture, University College London
- Professor Chris Tweed, Cardiff University