Leading property and infrastructure group Lendlease has been recommended as the preferred bidder for High Road West, a new regeneration project in the heart of North Tottenham designed to deliver thousands of new homes and jobs for local people.
Located next to Tottenham Hotspur’s new stadium, the major regeneration project will help to establish High Road West as a new sports and leisure destination while delivering enhanced public spaces and community facilities for local people and visitors.
Subject to Haringey Council Cabinet approval, Lendlease has committed to deliver:
- Over 2,500 high-quality and sustainable homes with a minimum 30% affordable
- Circa 3000 construction jobs across the lifetime of the project – with a high proportion targeted for local people
- Funding towards skills and training to help local people secure job opportunities
- A new community library
- New thoroughfare routes and community spaces which will directly link the area to Tottenham Hotspur’s new stadium and Northumberland Park
- A new district energy centre.
Lendlease’s Chief Executive Officer, International Operations, Dan Labbad said:
“We are delighted to have been recommended as the preferred bidder for such a transformational project and look forward to working with Haringey Council, the local community and other stakeholders to help realise the vision for Tottenham.
“High Road West will see the creation of thousands of new jobs, alongside the delivery of more than 2,500 high-quality and sustainable new homes. We are dedicated to building on the area’s rich heritage and prioritising the needs of the community by delivering new green spaces, shops and facilities which puts local people at the heart of these exciting plans.”